Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

After much deliberation as to whether or not to head to Dallas for the weekend (which would have been much more action packed and FUN, plus we would have gotten to love on sweet Mabry), we decided to stay home, get some projects done, and lay low until our busy travel schedule takes off in a couple of weeks.

Friday afternoon, Brad headed out to play golf and we stayed home and napped and then played in the rain. Annabelle had a BLAST! She thought this was the biggest "special treat" ever! It really is the simple things in life!



Friday night, I was in charge of MOPS and POPS (papas? padres? pops? of preschoolers? - anyway, the dads) night. Everyone brought really good Italian food and we played a couple of fun games - one being Bunco - which I love! It was a fun night, and I think most of the men felt comfortable which is the point. Anyway, good times!

Most of Saturday was spent cleaning out the garage - which REALLY needed to be done! It feels so much better to come home to a clean garage! This is just a random picture of a classic Annabelle pose.
Sunday, we headed to church, came home for naps (while Brad headed back to church to help move some furniture), and then cooked some amazing steaks on the grill!! It just wouldn't feel like Memorial Day without steaks and baked potatoes! That night, Brad put new shelving in Annabelle's toy closet. I wish SO badly that I had before pictures of that mess! I have got to put a note on the drill or something to ALWAYS take before pictures of our projects! But here's the after - I'm sure it doesn't have near as much affect as it would have if you could have seen the craziness before, but trust me...this is a HUGE improvement! You can't see the very top shelf, but that holds our games.


Monday, we decided to do something fun for Annabelle since it'd been mostly business all weekend. So we headed out to the Ft. Sam Houston aquatic center (aka pool and water slides). We hadn't been out there in 5 years, so we couldn't remember all of the details, but the minimum height on all the slides was 48", so Annabelle was a little disappointed, but she still had a ton of fun swimming with her daddy in the big pool and making some new friends in the kiddie pool and playground area. Brad and I had fun relaxing by the kiddie pool while she wore herself out! We didn't get any pics in the pool, but here she is playing during the lifeguard's break time.


Overall, good, relaxing weekend! But we did miss little Ms. Mabry! Can't wait to see her and the rest of the Huffman family in a couple of weeks!

No comments: