Sunday, July 12, 2009

Splashtown!!

Yesterday, we decided to make the most of the San Antonio heat and head to Splashtown waterpark! It was a blast!!! Tickets are normally like $30 each, but with Brad's connection with the Air Force, we were able to purchase tickets at Randolph AFB for only $12 each! Crazy!
When we first got there, Annabelle warmed up in the kiddie splash areas - she and her daddy were racing down the little slides together while I sat in the cool (probably pee infested :) water and watched. We did the lazy river a few times, got in the wave pool, hit up the kid zone a little more...then, we realized that all of the large tube rides were a minimum height of 42"! Annabelle is 43"!! When she found this out, there was no looking back!! I would stay at the bottom and wait for them, and be there in case she turned over once she hit the water - but no need! She was like an old pro!

On the first one, there were only single tubes available. I'm not sure how much "coaching" went on as they waited in line, but I sure wanted to be up there with them! I thought for sure after the first slide - especially since she was by herself - she would be crying, scared, and ready to hit the lazy river again. NOPE! Huge smile from ear to ear and ready to do it again!

This time, they headed to the "Starflight" - black, enclosed, can't see where your next turn is, tunnel. Yikes! I would have surely bet on tears for this one. But since there were double tubes available, she had her buddy with her the whole time and he said it was nothing but sheer excitement! Again - biggest smile and laugh ever as they hit the water!

So needless to say, we didn't spend anymore time in the lazy river. It was high impact from here on out. There was even one time on the single tube ride that she got stuck because she's so light - the lifeguard had to walk up the slide to get her going again. Again, no tears! Who is this child?!
I enjoyed getting to sit/relax in the water and then see the big finish at the end. But...I think I've been replaced. Daddy has a new riding buddy! Maybe I'll just have to wait a few more years and this little bun in the oven will be my partner!

One little funny of the day - after one of the rides, Annabelle and Brad both had to go potty. I had already been and I was not about to let her put her bare feet down on that nasty floor. Since I couldn't carry her and get her situated to use the bathroom all at the same time, Brad ensured the men's restroom was empty and ran in with her. He said that he wanted to get her out of there ASAP, so they just stopped at the urinal. She came out giggling and saying, "Mommy, I tee teed in a bucket!" Love her!

Since we thought it would be best to leave the camera in the car, even though I was regretting it the entire time, we have no real pics from our fun day. But here is an example of the first slide that she went on. She's a wild 4 year old!

2 comments:

The Huffmans said...

I loved hearing about the water park experience! Annabelle is growing into a fun little girl. Thank you for sharing the experience and being a great blogger!

ash said...

awesome post... you have an amazing way of making people feel they are there will yall