Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today was a good day!

This morning, we headed to dance like we typically do on Tuesday morning and that was fun as always.  Then, we headed down waaaaaaay south of town to meet Brad for lunch.  It is SOOOO far down there!  I can't believe he has to drive that every single day! 

After a good lunch, we went by to see his office which he's been in for 2 years and we haven't seen.  That really sounds worse than it is, because it's a pretty big ordeal to get in there.  There's lots of security to go through and not just somewhere we can pop in say hello.  It was great to see where he is everyday and it's actually a lot brighter and cheerier than I expected!  He had warned me about parking and how I was going to have to walk a mile to get into the building.  Well, I was praying and holding out hope that someone up close would be leaving.  And then there it was.  EXPECTANT MOTHER PARKING!!!!  I literally screamed and shouted "Thank you, Jesus!!!" when we saw it!  Annabelle thought I was crazy but it was definitely an answer to prayer!! 

After we finished our little tour, we headed over to help with Elf Louise.  This is a huge organization in San Antonio that collects and delivers gifts to underpriveledged children at Christmas.  They have this enormous wrapping center set up where you receive an envelope of a family with kids names, sex, and age.  Then you go to that age/sex section and pick out 2 gifts and wrap them.  Annabelle LOVED it!  She was great at picking out the gifts and then she was my "tape lady" while wrapping.  We had been there about 2 hours and I was DONE!  She still had lots of energy and enthusiasm left, so I called Brad as he was leaving work and asked if he wanted to come take over.  I'm so thankful for him!!!  He was there in about 10 minutes and they are still there wrapping right now while I'm having a little relaxation time at home. 

I have wanted to go do this for the past several years, but I think Annabelle really "got it" this year.  I'm so glad that Baby Brother held off another day so we could fit this in.  So Harris...you can come now!  We are ready!!

2 comments:

The Huffmans said...

That is really sweet! Maybe Harris will be here tomorrow!

Chelsa said...

so harris is his name?? i love it!!

glad you guys are having good days before he comes too!