Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harris is 9 Months Old!










As suspected, Harris made some big strides this month!  He is crawling EVERYWHERE and starting to get into EVERYTHING!!  I have a plant in my kitchen that I catch him at at least 10 times a day.  If I were smart, I would move the stupid plant.  But apparently...I'm not smart.  I'm trying to stick to my rule of "no baby proofing" like I did with Annabelle, but I've suspected for a long time that he's going to make me modify my philosophy :) 


Here are a few things about my Little Man that I want to remember about 9 months:

  • He still eats anything you put in his mouth (except pureed meat...but who wants pureed meat, anyway?) 
  • He is messy, messy, messy and ALL BOY! 
  • He could hands down win against anyone in a pinching competition...the boy has a GRIP! 
  • I trimmed his little "faux-hawk" hair style last week and just love it!! 
  • He has started pulling up recently and has endured a few crashes because of it.  He's pretty tough, though, and usually doesn't let it phase him.  It has to be a pretty hard hit for it to slow him down! 
  • He loves to spend time under the dining room table and goes on many missions to find food, lint, hair, or dirt on the floor to put into his mouth. 
  • I guarantee that I do more "finger-sweeps" in one day with him than I've done on Annabelle in her entire life!  This one's going to keep me on my toes :)  But he's so sweet and lovable and squeezable that it makes up for it!   
  • Some things that without fail make him smile are:  visiting his Daddy's mounted deer head, sneezes (fake or real), picking up his sister after school, a cold wippee on his bottom, and patty cake (which he occasionally does on his on). 
We are having so much FUN!!!

Here are a few recent pictures....


Little man was just too tired to eat ;)


Favorite pass time...chasing Sister




Today, we went to his first birthday party for one of his friends - he's been to some with Annabelle, but never one just for him.  He loved it!


With the Birthday Girl, Rachel, and her momma, Ms. Stephanie


Rachel has really fun toys!



I am in denial that we are so close to a year!!!!  Please slow down, Time!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

can't believe he is 9 months... it's going so fast!

i had to laugh about the pinching b/c C is the exact same (Go figure) :) lol