Friday, March 11, 2011

Party Time!

This is a repost from January, but thought I'd link up to Kelly's Korner for her Show us your life - Birthday Party Edition

*********************************

I had so much fun planning and prepping for Harris' big birthday bash at my mom's house!  Assuming this is my last first bday party to plan...I wanted to do it right!  I know that next year, he will have more of an opinion about what he wants...so I did it my way this year ;)

It was a great night with close family.  While Brad was thanking everyone for coming and giving thanks to God, I could not contain my emotions.  I'm so thankful for this sweet little guy and can't show enough appreciation for the year we've had together. 

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, HARRIS HUFFMAN!!!!!

The Party Room
The menu included:  Texas Caviar, Chicken and Biscuits, Bacon and Chedder Pinwheels, Sausage Balls (request from his daddy), Stuffed Mushrooms, Desiree's Delicious Pasta Salad, Veggie Tray, and Fresh Fruit

His smash cake!  My childhood friend Tiffany made it.  She is SO TALENTED!!


I LOVE these cupcake toppers!!  My friend Emily made them.  She can do ANYTHING!


Party favors.  I LOVE the sparkly ribbon!  I'm sure Harris did, too ;)


Even though we were celebrating his birthday, I used the season to my advantage :)  I just love this little tree and especially the "JOY" - it really sums up the whole party for me!


Gift table with "harris" banner that Brad and I made.


Table topper - my good friend Cherish helped me with personal touches 3 days post c-section!  She's a great friend!


His invitations!!!  My friend Amy makes cards and offered to make his for free!!  I could not love them more!!!!!  She doesn't have a blog or etsy shop, but she should!


Close up of his favors - "thanks for hoppin' by my party!  love, harris"  I got them on etsy HERE


Drink station



His "throne"

Getting loves from cousin Kate


 Us


Aunt Julie and Mabry!  SO glad they were able to come!


 Warming up (Cherish made this sweet bib, too - it says "hrh")


 Figuring out all this gift stuff...


 Sister can show him the ropes!



 CAKE TIME!!!


 "MMMMM!!!!!"



 "You've GOT to try this!!!"




He finally figured out he could eat the frog, too :)


 "Whew!  I'm worn out!  I need a drink, Mabry!"



FUN!  FUN!  FUN!  Can't wait to see what this next year brings, Little Man!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

AHHHHHHHHH!! I LOVE it! So Fun and festive! You did an Amazing job!!!!! (ok... I think thats enough exclamation points for now lol)

Bonnie said...

Everything looks GREAT! I had a lot of fun planning Jarrett's party "my way" too ;) Harris is so cute & you did an awesome job!

Chelsa said...

great party! i just ordered some stuff for C's last night :( can't believe it's next month!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Shannon said...

What a cute party! I love all the little details you put into it. I'm starting to think about Westin's first birthday and I'm soo excited to start planning it!

Lori said...

Very cute party! I love his little hat!

Danae said...

So cute! I love the color scheme you have, it is perfect. And the cake, to die for.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Oh my goodness, I love his little throne! :) what a cutie pie! :)

Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com