Sunday, May 8, 2011

So Blessed

I am feeling so very blessed today.  I woke up to a yummy breakfast, a sweet, handmade card, and the perfect new summer bag (that I helped with a little ;)!  It was a little bit of a stressful morning - like all Sunday mornings are...but that's all part of being a mother!  :)

After a great lesson in Sunday School on praying for your kids with audacity, Brad and I worked the nursery during the worship service.  I got to be in Harris' class, which I've never done before.  I was a little nervous, but he actually did really well!  It was fun to see him interact with his little friends.  He's a bit of a 'gentle giant' in there ;)

Afterwards, I thought it would be fun to spend the afternoon at Sea World!  Last summer, we said we would get season passes to something this year.  We decided that since there aren't many Sea Worlds around the country (and there are quite a few Six Flags...you know, in case we ever move) and because two of our bests friends have passes for their families for the summer and because the Fletchers are coming this summer (whoo-hoo!!!) and can get in free with the Military....that Sea World was the winner!  I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day than having a great day of family fun!

Now it was a little risky taking our "wild card man" on a Sunday afternoon with just a short nap in the car.  He could have quickly ruined the day for everyone!  ;)  But he did SO GOOD!  We were there for about 5 hours and he was perfect for about 4.5 of those!  Can't ask for much more than that!

It was so nice knowing that we can come back all summer.  We didn't feel like we had to rush around and fit everything in.  The lines for rides were SUPER short today, so we decided to spend the majority of the day riding the big stuff that's normally crowded and things we can't do when Brad is not with us (cause someone has to stay with H.)  We ended the day in the water park and it was GREAT!  It got up to the mid-90's today, so that water was just what we needed!

Around 6pm, we were all getting a little tired and a little hungry.  The only Taco Bueno in town is down by Sea World, and I think we started a new ritual by hitting it up for dinner after we left.  We LOVE that place!!

Anyway...GREAT day with my family and a GREAT way to spend such a happy day!! 

After church with my babies

Here we are last year
 Our family
 So thankful for this Little Lady for making me a mother!
 So thankful for this Little Miracle Man for ending my heartache of infertility!

 Sea World Trooper!!  Eating snacks ("Tot Tart") and waiting on Sister to ride her rides :)
 One thing I LOVE about her getting older is getting to do fun stuff like "Journey to Atlantis" together!
 "Parent Swap" on The Great White!  SO FUN!  and NO LINE!
 Patiently waiting on mom and dad to ride the big kid rides!
 Running free!

 Harris' first big ride!
 He was fine when we were just "riding in the boat", but didn't really care for the hills!
 He felt a little more comfortable like this:
...and so did I!  :)

************************************************
I can't let this day go by without mentioning how much my heart goes out to all the women that have recently lost babies or that want more than anything to be a mother, but it's just not happening or that don't have their mothers here on earth to celebrate.  I'm so thankful that I had my wonderful mom to call today.  This is something that I definitely do not take for granted.  I've had the heartache that this day can bring on my heart all day.  You are not forgotten!!

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

what a fun day at sea world! ya'll are so lucky to have so much fun stuff near ya!

Happy Mother's Day (a day late)!

Erica said...

I would love to go anytime ya'll get the itch..we have a pass and the girls would love to tag around with Annabelle! We went Friday and it was perfect!!