Monday, June 6, 2011

Goodbye, Kindergarten! We will miss you!

We've had tons of fun over the past week!!  It took forever to upload all of these pictures, so I'm going to let them speak for themselves......


Mammaw and Pappaw came to spend Memorial Day with us!
We had LOTS of fun....
...and ate LOTS of yummy food!
This little lady could breeze through a pickle eating contest!
They got very acquainted with the Texas Pride BBQ Parking Attendant

 Pappaw could teach us lots about horses if we were around more!  Even bull riding if Harris' momma would let him ;)  Harris and Pappaw are BIG BUDS!
 We had some fun in the sun....


 ...and some fun in the shade.

 Then Grandmomma and Pappaw Darrell came to visit, too!  We had one meal all together, so we decided to do fancy brunch!
Then Annabelle had a Field Day at school.  It was LOADS of fun!


(love the intensity here!  Ha!)
Back at home, Harris helped Pappaw Darrell and Daddy with some Honey-dos.  I finally got my Granny's sewing machine that she got 2nd hand in the 1930's.  She taught me to sew on this.  I'm obsessed!!!!
 Harris got LOTS of love from Grandmomma!
 But she has to compete for time when Pappaw Darrell is around.  These 2 are quite the pair!
 Meanwhile, Annabelle had Beach Day at school.  I got to go help out and those kids got me SOAKED!!  It was a blast!!



 While we were having water fights, Pappaw Darrell was teaching Harris to drink coffee.  Thanks a lot!
 We all got to eat tamale's at Annabelle's last day in the cafeteria.  We certainly never had tamale's in Southeast Arkansas!  :)
 That same day, Annabelle's teacher celebrated summer birthdays.  What a treat!
I took ice cream and sprinkles for the celebration (per Annabelle's request).
They all loved it!
 Harris sure loved feeling like a celebrity while he was there!
 THEN................

Annabelle Graduated!!!!


 while Pappaw Darrell and Harris spent a little time exploring nature.  (Thank goodness he was there!)

Annabelle got the award for best reader in her class!!  We were so proud!
 This picture is foreshadowing to me...and I don't like it!!  :(
 She was so proud to show everything off to her daddy.
 This was her best reader award.  Very appropriate, I thought :)
 One proud Grandmomma!


 With our great teacher, Ms. Mitts!  She and I both cried as we said goodbye.  I have LOVED our relationship and the way I could text her at 10pm or in the middle of the school day and she'd text right back!  In her card to me, she requested that we do lunch over the summer.  Not only was she a great teacher, she is now a great friend!  We will MISS HER!!!
Flashback to first day of school (we've even changed school's since then!)
After spending the afternoon swimming at a classmate's house, we surprised our little graduate with a cake, balloons, and her favorite meal.  She was so excited!



SOOOOO........you can see it's been a great, fun-filled, emotional week!  I'm beginning to realize how much I truly hate permanent change and have trouble dealing with it.  I know first grade will be just as good, but I am so sad to say goodbye to Kinder.  But OH SO EXCITED for the summer with both my babies!!

One last pic of us with our graduate.....


2 comments:

Ashley said...

So SAD! I know that day is too fast aproaching and I'm NOT happy about it. A looks so grown up! And did you really let H drink coffee? Hannah has been wanting to take a sip of mine and I never let her but if you say its OK I will lol ;)

Chelsa said...

I love love love all these pictures! I can't believe our babies are done with K!! Weren't they just getting ready to start?! I'm sure they will do great in 1st grade, but it's hard on us momma's! (especially us momma's who don't like change!).

Way to go Annabelle on getting the Best Reader Award!