Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sabotage

Now that it's summer, our schedule is a little later all around.  We go to bed later, sleep later, nap later, eat dinner later.  I love it because we aren't so restricted to rushing home before 7:30 so the kids can be in bed and best of all, they usually sleep til 8:30 or 9 in the mornings.  Hallelujah!!  If I could sleep til 9 every morning of my life, I would be one happy girl!

So last night, we got a normal night's rest and woke up right on schedule.  Brad and I actually got up a little before the kids which was great!  We had a normal morning, ate breakfast as a family, had coffee, played around....standard Saturday morning stuff.  Around 10am, I sat on the couch and just about passed out.  Brad took the kids outside and I could NOT keep my eyes open!  I just wanted to crawl back in bed and hibernate for the rest of the day.  I was starting to get a little concerned....was I getting sick?  Did my breakfast not sit well?  This just didn't add up!

The kids and Brad came in for a drink and I expressed my concerns, "Babe, I'm not sure what's wrong with me...I can NOT get myself off this couch!  I feel exhausted!!"

And then the truth came out....he started laughing hysterically.  What?  What could be so funny?  I could be seriously ill here....He wouldn't tell me for a while, but I finally got it out of him...he tried to trick me and made my coffee decaf this morning!  Sneaky!!!

He claims that I told him several months ago to try and trick me someday.  I do not recall this in the least.  Here I am, thinking I'm dying, and hubby is just trying to pull one over on me.

Nice.  Guess this confirms my addiction......

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

i so thought you were going to say you were pregnant! Lol

melissa said...

Hilarious!!