We had family pictures done in November in downtown San Antonio, and here are some of my favorites of the Birthday Boy:
How I spend most of my days...
This one is SO TELLING of our family dynamic most of the time. A picture worth 10,000 words!
Here are some sweet things that I don't want to forget about this age:
He starts most mornings out by singing a precious little song from Bible Study Fellowship. It is just about the sweetest sound you could ever hear first thing in the morning. I got him to sing it on my phone and here is a little video. Sweet boy.
"Good morning, God! This is Your day. I am Your child. Show me Your ways."
He frequently says, "Mom! I've got a great idea! Let's snuggle!!" He has learned that that will absolutely stop me in my tracks if at all possible. I'm not turning down a chance to snuggle! Or, "You know what? I love you, Mom." Or maybe my favorite, "Let me kiss your forehead, because you miss Grandmama." I have no idea what started that, but it's just about the best medicine for a grieving heart. I hope he keeps it up for a long, long time.
Now he's not all sweetness and snuggles...he is the epitome of the "pesky little brother" to his big sister. He loves to be right in the middle of whatever she's doing and on a regular basis will deliberately annoy her and her friends. He is a bit more emotional now that he's hit 3 and can go from 0 to 60 before you know what hit you - and for sometimes no reason at all! On a recent road trip, he got really upset with all of his. To assert himself and "get back" at us, he said, "Hmph! I'm not going to cover my mouth when I cough!" To him, that was the ultimate way to really show us who was boss. It was hilarious! :)
I am always surprised by how observant he is of people's moods and emotions. If I am upset, he will say, "Mom, why you have that face? Why are you so mad (or sad or angry, whatever it might be)?" I hope he always is aware of how people he loves are feeling. I think that would be a good quality in marriage :)
At age 3, Harris loves his daddy, mac and cheese, tickle fights, riding his bike, Cutie oranges, watching movies, playing with his buddies, helping in the kitchen, sorting laundry, my sweet tea, hide and seek, going to Six Flags, starbursts, playing in the bath, action figures, Toy Story, swinging, and doing whatever Annabelle is doing.
It was no question what we would do for his party - he is OBSESSED with pirates! We did it at our favorite bouncy place and it was, by far, the easiest party I've ever done. He had a blast with his little buddies. It was a good day!
Annabelle, Chase (Harris' BFF), and the Birthday Boy
Limbo
He was a little shy while we were singing to him - shy, but excited!
Harris and his 10 little friends :)
Best Buddies - Kai, Harris, & Chase! These 3 are sweet as can be, but can be TROUBLE! :)
Arrrrgh Family :)
I just could not be more thankful for the sweet, caring, fun, CUTE little boy that I get to hang out with everyday. I am one blessed Momma!






1 comment:
what a cutie! he looks so much older!!
Post a Comment