Thursday, January 7, 2010

Push Present

When Annabelle was born, Brad gave me a beautiful silver charm with her monogram on it.  I've worn it on a chain as a necklace for the past 4 years and loved it.  As Harris' birth was approaching, I got sad that I wasn't going to be able to wear it anymore.  So I told Brad that I would like for him to come up with some way to incorporate her charm with one for Harris.  I had no idea this gift would be so precious or so perfect.  It is most definitely the most meaningful piece of jewelry he has ever given me.  I seriously doubt anything will ever surpass this.




He chose to turn it into a bracelet - which I love because I almost always wear a silver bracelet on my left arm with my watch.  But not only did he get a charm with a "manly" monogram for Harris, he said that it didn't seem right to just skip over the other 4 babies that we haven't gotten to meet yet.  So between hers and his, he got 4 small crosses so we will always be mindful of the journey that our Faithful God has taken us on to get our miracle baby boy. 

It.is.perfect.

4 comments:

Mary Avery said...

What a beautiful gift. I stumbled upon your blog and I thought I'd share that our birth stories are so much alike (except the part about losing 4 babies, so sorry to hear that). Our little guy came in Nov and he was 10 pounds 14 oz. Your kids are precious! Your little guy was born on my birthday! He's so cute!

The Huffman's said...

Brad is so sweet! That is perfect!

The Barton Family said...

Wow!! I am impressed!! That is so thoughtful- I love it! I am so sad that we can't be there for your work baby shower and to hold that new little one. I hope you guys are doing well. We think of you often and send lots of loving, happy thoughts your way. That card you gave me before I left is one of my favorite- I read it all the time. It gets me through the hard days!

Chelsa said...

amazing gift!