Monday, February 1, 2010

Reunited!

This weekend, Brad and Annabelle got to go to Arkansas for her cousin Blake's 5th Birthday party!  They were gone for a total of 44 hours and they were in the car 20 of that!!  Harris and I decided that we should probably not make that trip - that seemed a little like baby abuse :)  Also, he's had a little snottiness lately and I thought we should stay bundled up inside the majority of the weekend and try to clear that up.  But Brad and Annabelle both said that they had a great time and were so glad that they made the trip!  Annabelle LOVES Blake!  Brad said that out of nowhere they had this conversation on the ride home:

A: "Dad, you know, I've been thinking...and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to marry Blake." 
B:  "Oh really, why do you say that?"
A:  "Cause he's really nice and friendly.
B:  "But he's your cousin."
A:  "That's OK.  He's still really nice and friendly."

I mean...we are from Arkansas and all...but maybe she'll change her mind before the time comes :)  They are such sweet cousins and play so well together!  It's so fun she has a cousin so close to her age...just wished we lived a little closer!

While they were gone, Harris and I got some much needed cleaning done around the house and while it was a little warmer on Saturday afternoon, we got some errands done.  He is a great little shopping partner!!

When they got home on Sunday afternoon, Annabelle could hardly wait to get her hands on her brother.  They are SO SWEET!!! 







He couldn't WAIT to get his hands back into those curls!!  SCORE!!  2 handfulls!!  So far, she's been a really good sport about this...hopefully that will last!!

2 comments:

The Barton Family said...

I love all the pics you out of the two of them together! It is really cute. You can tell they love being together. I can also tell how much you guys are enjoying your new baby! I love that you remind me to enjoy mine a little more, even though she is almost a baby no more!!

The Huffman's said...

That is hilarious! Blake still says that too! They played non-stop while she was here! Harris looks precious! Can't wait to get my hands on him!