This Mother's Day was a big one for us! The whole Huffman family came down to SA to celebrate the weekend and be a part of Harris' baby dedication at our church. We were so thankful that they were here to share it with us!
On Saturday, they met us at Canyon Lake and we rented a party barge. It was a wee bit cold and rained on us just a little - but it was still fun! A few of them got out and tested the water - one being my brave daughter! She's tougher than I am!!
He didn't like his lifejacket at first, but soon found out it could be pretty comfy!
Annabelle and Aunt Julie staying warm and eating pop tarts :)
On Sunday, we all headed to church. This day was a dream come true for me. Just as the ceremony started, my heart began to pound and I felt the tears starting to well up. I felt the Holy Spirit telling me that this was the culmination of my journey. Our special verse that we had my good friend, Stephanie, paint for his room is:
1 Samuel 1:27 - "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." If you keep reading, verse 28 says:
"So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life, he will be given over to the Lord." That is what we celebrated on this day - the continuation to our story - God miraculously gave us our son, now we have dedicated his life and his upbringing back to God. What a blessing! For the past several baby dedications, I couldn't even walk into the sanctuary. The pain and loss was just too overwhelming. And here we were...with our own healthy baby - getting to be a part this time. As I held him, I just couldn't believe that we were
really at that point and
really getting to do this. Our church family has been such a huge part of our journey and has shared so much of it with us. I have felt so much love, prayers, and support, and I knew that there were people sitting in the congregation that, just like us, thought this day might never come. I won't ever be able to express how thankful I am that it did!!
Me and my babies!! I LOVE this picture! My favorite part might be him holding her hand :)
After church, we headed downtown and ate at Acenar on the Riverwalk. I love the swanky atmosphere there! We then took lots of family pics down on the River. Good times :)
Ms. Linda and her boys
SUCH sweet cousins!! Annabelle says that she's going to marry him - we are from AR :)
All the Huffman babies with their sweet Grandparents
My little man in his back-up outfit for the day. WHY, oh WHY did he have to "blowout" on the one I picked especially for this day??? That stresses this momma out!!! At least he made it through baby dedication!
And here are the precious little Huffman Babes born in 2009. It was a busy year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment