This first one is an old favorite: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - Extra Power. If you haven't experienced it's magical erasing powers, you are missing out!! Soap scum, water residue on shower doors (especially tough in limey SA), baked on grease, scuff marks on walls or floors, stuff I've thought was permanent damage has easily wiped away with this little baby. I've tried the off-brand and they work, but not as well and they dissolve quicker. In my opinion, this is one of those that's worth it to buy name brand.
A new favorite: Mr. Clean Multi-Surface Cleaner with Febreze, BLUE. Smells FANTASTIC!!! Slosh this in your toilets or sinks or into your mop water and your house smells fresh for days. Recently, I just took a cloth and made a little mixture of this and water and wiped almost every surface in my house. It has the power of the Magic Eraser and just feels CLEAN. Your baseboards will never look or smell better! Now the blue is a little tough to come by - I've seen orange and yellow a lot. But next time I see blue, I'm buying 3 bottles - one for each bathroom and the kitchen!
This is a pretty recent find, too: Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Yes, this works for your baby's hair, but works even better as an eye makeup remover! Get a pea-sized amount on your finger, dampen with water, and gently scrub your eyes. Then rinse with water and viola! Eye makeup is gone and it leaves you will a fresh, slightly tingly feeling that makes you feel refreshed. A big bonus is that it's always on hand if you have kids, and it's SO CHEAP. One small bottle will last you forever!
As you know, with kids and husbands, there are always stains in clothing. Enter Oxiclean Gel Stick. Now, I still haven't found anything that's full-proof, but this has worked really well and is super easy. It's gotten out several things that nothing else has touched and lightened a few stains that I think might be a lost cause. Overall, I'd recommend it - it's inexpensive and pretty effective.
Lastly, in San Antonio, the lime in the water is AWFUL. Even if you clean your toilets on a regular basis, a lime ring will form at the water line. I've tried many, many products, but this cheapy is what I've found that wipes it away with ease: The Works Toilet Boil Cleaner. You squirt it in, let it sit for 10 seconds, then gently scrub with a toilet brush, then flush. It doesn't take much scrubbing AT ALL which is unbelievable. I've spent lots of money and time trying to clean our toilets, but now it's so simple. A little bit of this, flush, then add the Mr. Clean Blue for the amazing aroma. So easy.
And just because, I've added a pic of my main little man - accessorized by his sister :)





3 comments:
Thanks for the helpful tips!
It looks like Harris has learned to 'ham it up' for the camera. Just like his big sis!
harris is sooo cute! i could just eat him up!
i love magic erasers (def. gotta go w/ namebrand on this one- i agree). brycen wrote on one of my decorative wooden primitive cabinet/shelves one time a couple years ago w/ BLACK PERM. MARKER! and it took it right off!!
i'm going to have to try that mr. clean blue!
I am going to have to try some of those. A few of them I have tried, but not all. Thanks for the tips!
Post a Comment