Birth
6 months
1 year
18 months
2 years
I've been told that I have to stop referring to him as "the baby" - as in "Brad's home with the baby." Never!! Call it denial, whatever - I'm ok with that :)
We had so much fun celebrating our Little Man. We took a break from all things Christmas on Dec. 21 and made it all about him.
He woke up to Sesame Street decorations and a couple of presents from us,
silly shaped pancakes with candles,
and an after breakfast cupcake.
Then we headed out to Sea World (his favorite place on earth) and he got to spend the day with a few of his favorite people,
saw some pretty lights and cool shows,
watched the dolphins and rode some rides,
(who needs a double stroller?? HA!)
and ate dinner at Rosita's Cafe where he had all he could eat pizza and mac & cheese. Harris Huffman was in food heaven!! :)
Here is a little video of a fun slide:
Then, the day after Christmas, we hosted a Birthday Brunch at my mom's house while most of our family was in town. He loved having all the attention and most of his cousins in one place. We asked him several times, "Who's birthday party is this?" With all the enthusiasm in the world, he would shout, "ME!!!!" Sweet boy.
I love so many things about age 2. Probably nothing more than his ever-growing vocabulary. I love that he can communicate what he's thinking and feeling most of the time. Lots of the guess-work is gone. One of his most used phrases right now is: "Wait a minute..." (like he's thinking about it, then continues on with what he's doing). I love it!
There are a few negatives about this age - like on his actual birthday, for the first time the words, "I do it by myself!" appeared. Oh boy...here we go! :) He can go from 0 to 60 and back in 0 seconds flat for no reason. Sometimes the smallest of details can send him over the edge - but before you know it, he's forgotten about it. Oh, the 2's ;)
I told Annabelle last night that he would be a completely different boy without her as a big sister. He picks up on SO many of her mannerisms and quirks and phrases. It's been a good lesson to her to watch things she says and does because sometimes it's not so cute coming out in baby brother! He loves so many of her toys and his recent best friend is "Little Boy" (as he calls him) - better know as Ken of Ken and Barbie ;)
I can never say enough how thankful I am for this little guy. I've got several friends going through multiple miscarriages right now and in talking with them, it takes me right back to that place. I can't imagine if we had given up hope and somehow missed out on this amazing blessing. He brings so much joy, laughter, and life into our family.
WE LOVE YOU, HARRIS HUFFMAN!!

















1 comment:
Can't believe he is TWO!!! I love hearing about him! It looks like he had a great birthday!
Post a Comment