SPRING BREAK!!
We chose to "staycation" in San Antonio this year which felt so awkward! Typically, anytime we have even a long weekend, we head out - usually to Arkansas. But our family was coming to see us in just a couple of weeks and there were plenty of things to keep us busy around here, so we chose to keep it local and do some things we don't usually take the time or money to do. Since gas is so high, we didn't spend much more on the week than it would've taken just to drive to Arkansas!
On Monday, we headed out to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Drive-Thru Safari. We hadn't been since Annabelle was 2, and we had a blast! The animals are just RIGHT there by your car. The kids LOVED it. The facility out there is just so nice and we had a great time just hanging out in the pavilion, doing the petting zoo, and sharing pizza.
Monday night was probably the highlight of the entire week for Annabelle. She and her daddy had been planning for months to pick a night and camp out on our trampoline. This was the night! Brad covered it with a tarp, she filled it with pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals, and they were set! Harris got to pretend he was sleeping in there for a while and I think that was enough to satisfy him :) We cooked smores on the grill and then Harris and I went in and let them enjoy their night. I fully expected to find them passed out in the living room the next morning, but they made it all night! I definitely see many more of these little adventures in their future!
On Tuesday, we took a little road trip down to Corpus Christi to play at the beach all day. Every time we do this, I always wonder why we don't do it more often! I always forget how fun it is! The water was FREEZING, but Brad and the kids didn't seem to mind. :)
Wednesday, we stayed at home and got ready for our family pictures that night. One of Annabelle's friends from school came over and played all day. It was a needed re-charge day. But after our pictures (which were taken over on the far west side), Brad and Annabelle went to see The Lorax while Harris and I spent a couple of hours at Sea World (B & A's passes are expired). We would've lasted longer, but for some reason, I didn't have a stroller. Brutal! ;)
Thursday, we had planned to go to Jump Zone, but felt like it would be super crowded (a downside to living in a tourist town is that tourists come to town and make everything CRAZY!!) So we spent the day outside doing yard work while the kids "washed" our cars and ate popsicles. They didn't seem to mind the change in plans too much :)
Friday, we spent the day at Morgan's Wonderland. This is absolutely my favorite place to take my kids in San Antonio!! We went with my friend, Jenny, and her kids, and it was just the perfect day! I didn't take any pictures, but have tons of great memories to suffice ;)
All in all, it was a great week with our family that none of us will soon forget!



1 comment:
love to see you blog again!
such fun adventures you guys had!
love the pictures!
Post a Comment