Soooo.....while I was away, Annabelle turned 7!!!
At age 7, I see Annabelle gradually letting go of the little girl phase and moving into something a little different. We recently cleaned out her room and got rid of lots of the younger toys. This was a big step for momma, but actually was very welcomed by both of us. There are some positives to getting older! We now don't have to hang on to every single McDonald's toy as a keepsake for years...only half of them :)
She currently loves: organization (especially in her room), staying up late, sleeping in, starting the day by snuggling with Harris and watching cartoons (we love summer!), her daddy's "frosties," being with friends, sleepovers, going to Six Flags, swimming, her brother staying out of her room, Redbox, Chili's, reading, coloring, AFV, board games, the movie Soul Surfer (she knows every single detail about this movie), coming up with her own "fashions," dancing (Sister's got some MOVES!), performing for an audience, babies, helping in the kitchen, the store "Justice" (Lord, help me!), Sonic happy hour, lip gloss, perfume, and anything pink or sparkly! She is so easy and fun to buy for because you almost always get an over-the-top, Carol Sue Wallace (Grandmomma) reaction! Brad and I have to restrain ourselves from picking up little stuff for her all the time!
On her actual birthday, we were in Arkansas with our extended family. She woke up to a little surprise breakfast party and gift opening with the Huffman side of the family where she got what she wanted most - Slushy Magic! :) At lunch, we headed to Grandmomma and Pappaw Darrell's. She had made one of Annabelle's favorites - oreo ice cream dessert....YUM!!! We played at their house all afternoon in the hot tub, on the golf cart, and on her new bike, then headed to the Mexican restaurant in Monticello. It was a fun day!
For her party, she chose to have a luau at our neighborhood pool. She and I went out one afternoon and picked up everything we needed - from decorations to invitations to utensils and favors. It was SO EASY - by FAR the simplest party I've ever done!! I usually plan for months, do all the legwork over several weeks, and then surprise her on party day. But it was really fun and easy for both of us to pick everything out together - I think it's a new tradition!
Our menu was Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Poppyseed Sandwiches, fruit kabobs (I made about 75 for about 25 people and came home with 4!!!), "Hawaiian" BBQ chips, and "Macaroni Salad" (mac and cheese). We had Hawaiian punch to drink and instead of cake and ice cream, we did Hawaiian shaved ice. They LOVED it!! I used my snocone maker from college (still going strong 10 years later!), and we bought 3 different flavors for them to choose from. They probably each had 3 :) Brad and Annabelle taught hula lessons (that was a sight!) and we played limbo. I think it was a super fun party and SO EASY!!
Snocone line :)
Brother thinks he's just one of them :)
We love you so much Annabelle Riley, and are so thankful for the past 7 years!! We are so excited about everything God has in store for you in the future!!!

1 comment:
Oh it looks like a wonderful party! I've missed your blogging!!
Post a Comment