This past Saturday, Annabelle attended Dance Camp at MacArthur High School with real "cheerladies"! My good friend, Stephanie, is a teacher there and sent us the info. It was technically for K-12, but she got approval for Annabelle to go.
When we got there, it was not AT ALL what I expected. This was not Monticello High School's dance camp that I helped teach back in my cheerlady days! There were like 300 girls there to be a part of the camp. I almost chickened out and took her to Stephanie's baby shower with me instead. But after talking to a few of the ladies in charge and them assuring me that I would be called if she had a meltdown, I decided to let her stay. I gave Annabelle lots of instructions and a good pep talk before leaving her. We reviewed my cell phone number and she promised she would call if she got upset. I hung around for quite a while to watch how she would react and at first she was very shy. But when they broke out the Hokey Pokey, she was sold!
When we came back at 2:30 to see the performance, it was obvious that she had a wonderful time. We looked at their class picture (like 75 K-2 girls) and she was posing big time! It was funny! She looked for us in the crowd and was really excited that both of us were there to see her. Brad got MAJOR daddy points for choosing to watch her over the FL vs. AR game....and I didn't even guilt him into it all. He's a keeper!
We forgot to bring the real video camera, but we used our still camera to get some footage. The quality is not very good since the zoom feature isn't working on that camera, but you can still get the gist. She is in the back row, third from the right, in hot pink pants and a white shirt with a pony tail. She LOVED dance camp and wants to go every Saturday. That could get just a little expensive!
This is the sweet Cheerlady that was Annabelle's buddy all day. She helped her keep up with her backpack and A said that she even finished up the KFC chicken that A didn't want :)
This is the starting position for their first dance. A is right in the middle in the back with her head down - ready to go!
I can't get the silly video to load, but I will keep trying. It's pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment