Friday morning, we got up super early to see Guy, Isaac, and Luke before they had to head to school. We then hopped in the car, and headed to The Natural State! Home, Sweet Home! My mom had one of my FAVORITE meals cooked when we got there - fried pork chops, purple hull peas, buscuits, fresh tomatoes...YUM!
After a little rest, Brad and I headed to the tailgate party for my 10 year class reunion! I can't believe I haven't seen some of those people in 10 whole years! The majority of us started together in kindergarten and finished up high school together - that's a small town for you! The weather was pretty cool and rainy, so it was a little tough to tailgate and do the game like we had planned, but we improvised a little. At least we had a pavillion!

Brad's parents took Annabelle to the Homecoming game and Brad joined them around halftime. I really wanted to go, but the weather was just a little too miserable for Big Momma. So I headed with several of my best buddies from high school to one of their mom's houses to watch a DVD that she had put together for us. It has snippets from several elementary school music progams, talent shows, 6th grade day, Jr. high festivities, and high school. It was SO funny and I'm so thankful that she did that! I want a copy!! One of the best parts was hearing our career goals from when we were in 6th grade. I wanted to go to college on an academic scholarship, graduate with honors, and become an RN who works with children. 2 out of 3 aint' bad!
Saturday, we got to spend some time with my sweet 99.5 year old Granny! She is a mess! We then went to the Family Picnic that ended up inside the high school cafeteria due to weather. It was fun to see people's kids and let Annabelle see our old high school. She had a great time running around with the other kids.
That night, we got all dressed up and headed to the banquet. We had another yummy meal, saw a great slideshow that featured all 13 of our years together, and received awards. The turnout wasn't as great as we had hoped, but was pretty good for our class...we always had to pull teeth to get people to participate.


So all in all, the reunion was a really good experience! I got to see lots of people that I hadn't seen in 10 years and also spend some quality time with good friends that I don't get to see near enough. We love going to Arkansas!!!
After all the reunioning, we made a flying trip back home. We got up at 2:30am and hit the road again. I was nervous about having to go the entire way in one big trip with this big belly of mine, but it actually went really, really well. We got home right after lunch and had time to rest and prepare for our big night...Brad's deacon ordination!
It's been a pretty long process of nomination, acceptance, interview, voting, church body approval, and then the ordination. We could not be more honored or excited about this new challenge. I'm so proud of my husband and his commitment to our church and to Christ. At the ordination ceremony, I really felt a sense of renewel and a ton of encouragement. I'm SO thankful to have a Christian husband that is not only the spiritual leader of our family, but also one in our church. I love his servant's heart and his love for God and His people. His commitment and dedication is an inspiration to me. I love him.
We were so thankful that Brad's dad and my brother, Robert, were both able to be there and be a part of the special ceremony. Dr. Robert Wallace even made the program and did the Prayer of Dedication. I know it was very special to Brad for them to participate. My mom and Mr. Darrell were also there to celebrate with us. It was great to have their support and we are so thankful they were able to come. Afterwards, we headed to one of Brad's favorite restaurants, Chuy's, to celebrate. We had our family and some special friends there to share the exciting time with us. We are so blessed!

Lastly, Brad had off today and we were able to catch up on some much needed rest and family time! After lunch, Brad, Annabelle, and I headed out to Camp Bullis to see Brad's deer stand for the year and "help" him fill up his feeder. He has a great spot and it was good to see where he will be in case of emergancy. Annabelle loves to be outdoors and ride in Daddy's big huntin' truck - I think it takes us all back to our roots a little.
We were so thankful that Brad's dad and my brother, Robert, were both able to be there and be a part of the special ceremony. Dr. Robert Wallace even made the program and did the Prayer of Dedication. I know it was very special to Brad for them to participate. My mom and Mr. Darrell were also there to celebrate with us. It was great to have their support and we are so thankful they were able to come. Afterwards, we headed to one of Brad's favorite restaurants, Chuy's, to celebrate. We had our family and some special friends there to share the exciting time with us. We are so blessed!


Lastly, Brad had off today and we were able to catch up on some much needed rest and family time! After lunch, Brad, Annabelle, and I headed out to Camp Bullis to see Brad's deer stand for the year and "help" him fill up his feeder. He has a great spot and it was good to see where he will be in case of emergancy. Annabelle loves to be outdoors and ride in Daddy's big huntin' truck - I think it takes us all back to our roots a little.
SOOOO.....it was a weekend whirlwind, but it was a good one! All of the pics can be seen here.
1 comment:
glad you had fun at your reunion!!
Post a Comment