Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Harris is 16 Months Old!

(These are some Easter pics because I keep forgetting to get one in his chair!)


 One year ago

My big boy is growing, changing, and getting faster and busier every day!  Just in the past week, he's eaten bird poop, bunny food, a crayon, and bit through his lip when he fell on the concrete.  See...I told you we've been busy ;)  I just love seeing his little personality bloom even more and just about can't stand it when his little loving side shines through.  He gives lots of unsolicited hugs, kisses, and pats on the back.  His current favorites are:  outside, animals, books, candy (just like his sister!), bathtime, making messes and picking them back up, his buddy Chase (I hear that name constantly!), wrestling on Annabelle's bed, and playing chase. His wires have gotten a little crossed on his animal noises this month - he almost always insists that a cow says "bock bock"  :)  He's doing pretty well with a spoon, is still wearing size 4 diapers and 18-24 month clothes, size 6 shoe, 28 pounds, follows simple directions pretty well, and every single time we drive into the church parking lot, he starts yelling "PAY! PAY!"  He loves his little friends there!

Some of my new favorite words are:  "hun-ry" (hungry, said in a super whiny voice), "oh no!" (said very emphatically), "sock", "shoe" (LOVES to have shoes on - especially if it's one of ours), "home" (always said as we pull into the driveway), "budder" and "didder" (brother and sister- that's what we call them most frequently), "tot tart" (pop tart), and "heh peas" (help please - says this a lot when pushing around Annabelle's baby doll stroller - he's not yet a very good driver!).  I just LOVE hearing new words!!!!!  Last night I was asking him to say every word I could think of and he gave them all a shot.  So cute!

I know I say this every month, but I'm just so very very thankful that this little guy is part of our family!!  There have been lots and lots of women in my circle of friends that have had recent miscarriages and that are struggling with infertility and I feel the pain all over again through them.  I can never be grateful enough for the blessing that he has been in my life and the testiment that he is to God's faithfulness.  Our story has opened up so many doors for me to be able to share the way I've seen God's hand in my life.  What an amazing gift he has been!!

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

the cutest 16 month old around!!
love hearing all the fun things he is saying!

corbin likes to have shoes on as long as they are not his own!! he seriously finds ours and puts them on, but when i go to put his on he screams!

soo harris ate bird poop?! bahaha! it's not funny, but seriously, these boys! they are a mess!!

Ashley said...

Ya'lls Easter pic is BEAUTIFUL! Love the coordinationg outfits ;)