So, with this change coming, we've decided that I should take on a few interior design clients. Since he will be here to take care of Harris, I will have the time to spend consulting, researching, shopping, staging, etc...I wanted to write a post about what projects I most enjoy and if you or someone you know has a need for these services, I'm open for business!
Before I had Annabelle, I worked for a Commercial Furniture Dealer and loved it! I designed offices, waiting rooms, hospital rooms, hotels, clinics, and many other commercial areas. It is almost impossible to do that type of design without the support of a major firm, so when she was about a year old, I took on some residential clients. Since then, I've done a handful of projects ranging from an entire house located in The Dominion (George Strait's neighborhood!) top to bottom, to simply consulting on paint colors. My favorite project is one where I repurpose existing furniture/accessories and then add in some new merchandise to update and finish the space. I love choosing new paint colors, window treatments, and furnishings that bring new life to the home without breaking the bank.
I charge by the hour and can be as involved as the client desires. For some projects, I'm given a budget and then I go out and do all the shopping. Once I have everything pretty much bought, I present it to the client and they pick and choose the things they'd like to keep, then I make the necessary returns. I've also done it where the client and I do all of the shopping together. On some projects, I come into the space for an hour or so, give my initial ideas of what changes need to be made, and then leave it to the client to follow through (in most cases, they call me a week or so later and want me to just make it happen ;). One of my favorite things to do is buy everything and then spend a day or weekend putting everything in it's place (with the help of my handy hubby) and then have a huge reveal with the client. That is so fun!
I have a great painter and contractor that can give bids on small construction projects. I have a great husband that can install curtain rods, light fixtures, lift heavy furniture, and lots of other odd jobs. We make a pretty good team!
So if you have been wanting to make some changes, rework what you have, start from scratch, or just can't spend one more minute staring at that awful paint color, give me a call or shoot me an email! I'd be happy to discuss the possibilities with you!
huffman_rhonda@yahoo.com
210.215.9545
Here are some before and afters over the years. I have a vow to myself to do better taking pictures!! There have been COUNTLESS times that I've thought, "MAN! I wish I had pictures of this!"
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After - Kids/Guest bathroom makeover done with less than $100
Before
After
Before
After - Client requested unrecognizable closet doors with no budget for construction
Before 1
Before 2
After - 1 plus 2
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
I apologize for the poor picture quality on the majority of these, but maybe you can get the idea. :)














7 comments:
you have got some serious talent!!! I am so excited for you & for getting some time for you to do your thing. How exciting!!!!
How exciting! Its so nice to have a job that you LOVE and you are so good at it!
Wow!!! I wish we lived closer. Beautiful before and afters!
Amazing!! You do fantastic work!
Wow! You do amazing work. I also love that you work with any budget. Unfortunately, I live too far away:(
Wow! These are so great! You do a great job!! How exciting that you are getting back into it!
You are amazing!!! I'm excited for you, b/c I'm sure you'll be having a blast!
I NEED you! I have this brand spankin' new house and can't seem to decorate it at all b/c I'm terrified of messing it up! lol (like putting nail holes in the walls and then not liking it)... plus some of our space is weird dimensions and it's hard to know what to do!
Post a Comment