Today was the big day!! I now officially have a first grader!
With the "standardized dress" policy, we aren't free to wear anything at all that we want, but there is some flexibility in it. I've actually grown to love it! It eliminates lots of arguments in the morning ;)
These are her first shoes ever to have laces. She is SO particular about how the tie looks. Cracks me up! Also, we were able to change out her earrings from the studs they pierced them with - another new way to accessorize! Mrs. Hernandez
She was SO excited this morning! She was up and dressed before I was even out of bed!
Her teacher seems really sweet, caring, and structured. When we walked in this morning, everyone was seated very quietly and they were busy doing a worksheet. Annabelle walked right in, put her stuff away, and headed to her seat - never looking back! I walked away with tears in my eyes, but I know she is ready and excited. It's sad to know that this is first grade, but before I know it, it will be twelfth. It just goes SO FAST!
I was really sad once I got home...we are definitely going to miss her around here! But my Little Buddy greeted me with a HUGE hug and sweet kisses (Brad worked from home this morning so I could focus on Annabelle). I'm thankful for that little guy everyday, but today, it's magnified. I would be lost as a goose without him to love on! We've had such a great morning and it's such a blessing to have the time just to focus on him.
But we are counting down the minutes til we get to pick up Sister! Can't WAIT to hear about her day!!!!
Here is her interview from this morning. I plan to do this every year! I love it!!





2 comments:
Yea! First Grade! She looks so big! You got some great pictures and great poses from her as always! :) I know she'll have a great year and be the best in her class. We love that girl!
I hope she had a wonderful day!
She is such a gorgeous girl and her personality matches her looks!
her backpack is so cute!
Post a Comment