Sunday, August 14, 2011

Countdown

The countdown to school is ticking away and I'm NOT happy about it!  I love sleeping in, no schedules, fun playdates, no reason to rush home for bedtime....but I guess all good things must come to an end :(

Just like last year, we have a list of things to accomplish before the dreaded day.  We've been working on it all week and marked 3 off just yesterday.  I'll be out of town next weekend, so this was our last Saturday.  Wah-wah....

1.  Go fishing.
Before I was even out of bed Saturday morning, Brad and Annabelle were off on their fishing adventure.  I love that he's the kind of daddy that will take the initiative to do something like this.  They didn't catch any keepers, but Annabelle got 5 and he got 2.  She was pumped to be the big "winner".  I don't think either of them minded the lack of luck...they just loved having a reason to fire up Brad's truck!






2.  Lost Lagoon Water Park
After they got home and we ate lunch, we headed out to Flying L Ranch in Bandera, TX.  Annabelle and I went 2 summers ago and had a BLAST.  Brad had me worried that I had it built up too much in my mind, but it delivered!!  They have a very small waterpark that is perfect for little ones.  It's the perfect size to let Annabelle just run and do her thing and we don't have to worry about her.  She loved having free reign!  They also have a petting zoo, a large playplace, and free putt putt.  We got there at 3 and they had to kick us out at 8.  Good times!



Sweet kisses from his girlfriend, Kinley :)




 Our friends, Brandon & Stephanie brought Kinley out to play.  Fun!!





 Annabelle made a new friend.  I love how kids can play non-stop for 2 hours and never know each other's name :)

3.  Get snocones
On the way out, we got a large cherry snocone for the ride home.  No pictures, but Annabelle ate and savored every bite.  It's the little things.... :)

On Thursday, Annabelle got a huge surprise by getting to play with Jordyn!  Those 2, Reese and Riley have been BFFs since birth and Jordyn recently moved about 2 hours away.  Her mom emailed me and said they were in town for a couple of days and I got to pick A, R, & R up from Movie Day at church with their long lost friend in the back seat!  We hit up Sonic, then headed to the pool and splash pad.  These girls LOVE each other and it was great they were able to spend some time together.  We sure miss Jordyn!!

This is the reason we bought our Odyssey!  I LOVE being able to fill it up with sweet friends!!
 We now have to add 54 cents to our Sonic Happy Hour stop.  Somebody thinks he needs his own slush!
 Love these sweet girls!!!

This week will be filled with lots more adventures!  Can't believe summer is almost gone!!!  I HATE being tied to the school calendar again!  :(

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

What fun times ya'll have been having!

LOVE your swim suit in those pictures! So cute, yet modest! I really need one! lol

Love that Harris gets his own at Sonic now- Corbin had been sharing milkshakes with Brycen at DQ, but now thinks he needs his own too! :) lol

The Huffmans said...

The fishing part of this post makes me think of the sweet Trace Adkins song, "She thinks we're just fishing." If you haven't already heard it, you need to. It's a goody!