Unfortuneatly, I didn't take any pictures there, but we had a great time with our cousins, Guy, Isaac, and Luke! Their birthdays are all very close together and they always sneak up on me! So as soon as we got there, I loaded up all the kiddos and headed out for a birthday treat. We went to Wal-Mart (only thing open) and let them all 3 pick out what they wanted within their price limit. It was fun to watch their little personalities and I loved seeing their thought processes. There was one little gadget that Isaac really wanted, but he said, "Well, I'd probably loose all those pieces anyway, so I shouldn't get that." I bet he's heard that a time or 2 from his parents! He's growing up! Guy is growing up, too - he just took the money. Luke's choice really surprised me...footed 'Cars' pajamas - I would have thought he would think he was too big for them. But he was most excited out of all of the boys - he couldn't wait to get home and get in them! It was sweet! Annabelle LOVES those boys! She has decided that she wants to be their sister!
Next, we headed to Monticello to the big party! My mom had the exact reaction that I was hoping for...one of her gifts is big reactions! My Granny was so sweet! "I just can't believe you drove all this way for me!" Of course I would! Then we got to surprise Aunt Kacie, Rhett, and Nate - they showed up at the party and Annabelle walked over to speak to them and Aunt Kacie couldn't believe her eyes! I was so glad that I was able to be there. I would have kicked myself 1,000 times if I had decided not to go!


Then, we headed to the Huffman's house to see Mamaw and Pappaw. Annabelle yelled a big "SURPRISE, MAMAW & PAPPAW!!!" when they opened the door. Pappaw had trouble putting her down for the rest of the night! The two of them even loaded up and went to church together. We all met up at Western Sizzlin' for supper and Annabelle settled a huge debate between me and Brad...mustard or mayo. She had never eaten a burger, but she tore up a huge, adult-sized one that night. And she fooled us both...ketchup! Good to know!
On Monday, we got to do our last surprise visit to Uncle Chris, Aunt Niki, Blake, and our newest cousin Baby Kate! We were sad that Haley was at school and we didn't get to see her, but we were both very excited to get to meet Kate for the first time!! She is soooo tiny and soooo sweet! I just wanted to stick her in my purse and take her home with us - I think she would have fit! Annabelle had such a great time playing with Blake (as always) and loved holding Baby Kate - she loves being the big cousin! 

We also got to see cousin Drew and cousin AJ over at Mamaw Florence's house. I'm so glad that we got a chance to play with them! Annabelle and Drew picked up exactly where they left off 2 months ago - "loading up the car to head to FL on invocation" - they are some good packers of an exercise bike...and have amazing imaginations!! (Thanks for the pics, AJ!)
After leaving Monticello, we got to spend a couple of days in Frisco with Uncle Chad, Aunt Julie, and Baby Mabry! She is so precious! She has grown so much since we saw her 2 months ago. She reminds me soooo much of when we took Annabelle to the beach for the first time. I just couldn't stop picturing us there! She is starting to look a lot more like her pretty momma, but there is still a lot of Annabelle, Chad, and Brad in there! It's fun to look at their similarities! She is such a sweet, content baby! We wanted to take her home, too!

So all in all, we had a great week and got to see so many people that we love. We LOVED being a big surprise to everyone...we'll have to do that more often! The trip was fantastic, but we are glad to be back home with our Daddy! The only thing that would have made the week any better would have been if he was with us! Annabelle said this morning as we were all slowly moving around and getting breakfast, "It's so nice to be back home where we are able to just relax!" She's just like me...she loves to go and loves to come back!
1 comment:
Great job summarizing the trip. Sounds like a blast. We really enjoyed your stop here. Annabelle is really growing up. So Cute!! -Chad
Post a Comment