Sunday, August 22, 2010

Harris is 8 Months old!!!






My big boy is getting bigger and bigger!!!  He's a little over 23 pounds at this point and that gets HEAVY when you carry him around!!!

I just love this age!!  He's still not totally mobile, but can roll and scoot to wherever he wants to go.  I haven't been pushing crawling at all - cause I know how much that changes things!  I looked in Annabelle's baby book and she started crawling and got 2 teeth during her 8th month - so we might be up for some big changes soon!

For now, he can entertain himself for quite a while with his bucket of kitchen tools.  I put together some of Annabelle's stuff that would be safe for him and he is OBSESSED with the spatulas!!  He goes for them first thing!  He also LOVES the pig bath toy and will do a face plant in the tub making a dive for it.  He will almost jump out of my arms when he sees us heading to the bath...he loves that pig!  He's starting to wave bye-bye more and can "give me 5" almost always on command.  When he's tired and hungry, he cries "Ma-ma-ma-ma" and melts my heart!  He's had a rough month or so in the nursery - major separation anxiety - that's not fun for anyone involved!  But we are continuing to try...I know he'll love it eventually.  One positive aspect is that when I finally go in to get him, he grabs my face and gives me the sweetest, wettest kisses all over my face!  I don't mind that a bit :)  He LOVES to swing outside - he will stay out there as long as you'll let him - that's a great place to calm him down if he's fussy.  He is still head over heels for his sister and I'm not sure how we're going to make it through the day without her!  I know it will be a sweet reunion everyday after school! 

We love you, Chunky Monkey!!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Well isn't he just growing into a little man, he's so cute! I'm loving how you dress him and fix his hair, so stinkin cute!

Oh and cute new header pic! :)

Have a good week and good luck with school starting!

Chelsa said...

he is precious- i just want to eat him up!

seriously, can't get over how much our boys are alike!

PRAYING for you TODAY!!