Sunday, August 15, 2010

I am DONE with Wal-Mart!!!

At least for the next couple of weeks!!

All the hustle and bustle of moms with their kids fighting to get down the 4 aisles full of school supplies...it's too much of a reminder of what's happening next week.  And I like my cozy little corner here in denial thank you very much!!

And as if that's not reason enough not to go, there was this little episode tonight after church: I stopped by to get a couple of things.  I headed to the cleaning department and turned the corner to the laundry detergent aisle.  I saw a mom and her teenage daughter with a cart full of storage bins, coat hangers, cleaning supplies, snacks, a lamp, a pillow - the classic cart of someone heading to college for the first time.  I stood there a minute eaves-dropping on this cram session of life lesson number 264...laundry.  I'm not sure why they had waited til this moment, but the mom was explaining the difference in detergent and fabric softener and dryer sheets and when and how to use oxy-clean, etc...I just choked up right then and there!  It seems like just a couple of years ago, I took that very trip to Wal-Mart with my mom.  Granted, the crash course wasn't on laundry - but I'm sure it was something equally as basic and equally as important.  If that really was 11 years ago, I can't imagine how quickly these next 13 are going to go - when it's my turn to be standing there with Annabelle.

It's just too much!!!!!!!  So I just grabbed my Clorox wipes and headed for the checkout.  I better steer clear of that place for a while...things could get ugly pretty quickly;  and Annabelle gets so embarrassed when I cry in public.  She has no idea what she's in for next Monday....watch out!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

oh girl- all i can say is that i totally understand!