*****************************************************
Brad and I are 100% content with our 4 person family and I'm trying to cherish every little moment with Harris - assuming that he is my last baby. But...if I've learned anything through infertility and miscarriages, my "plan" means nothing. We had always "planned" to have 3 little bambinos - and if God chooses to bless us with another in the distant future, we would certainly be ecstatic. When people ask if we are going to have another, my response is that I can't think much past this moment and honestly, it's not my decision. But for now, man-on-man defense works really well!!
This past weekend, we got to have a little glimpse into a possible future. We got to borrow our sweet niece, Mabry, while her parents celebrated their anniversary with a little get-away. We had so much fun! She is a year older than Harris and loves my kids with a passion! It's so cute! She did great with the basics like eating and sleeping - so that makes everything else go smoother, as well. Annabelle helped keep her mind off missing her parents too much and she just fell right in with our family routines!
We had a day at home while Annabelle went to a friend's house. (love those pigtails!!)
(such a big helper :)
We went to a new park in town and ate at our fave lunch spot - Chick-fil-A - where a lady admired our family and said she had been watching us the whole time. She was so impressed with our well-behaved kids and thought we sure were "blessed, but busy"! You never know who's watching!
We let Mabry play in some of her old toys that I think she misses.
We visited our swimming pool.
(getting a good pic of 3 is near impossible!!!)
And after her parents got back, we fed some baby ducks at Brackenridge Park.
We rode the train at the zoo.
We went to church.
And we floated the Guadelupe River with our great friend, Jeremy, and without Harris - thanks, Edith!! I don't think he would have loved that!
It was a great weekend and I think if given the chance, we could switch to zone defense! Mealtime and bedtime would be the biggest challenges, but I think after a week or so of practice, we could manage.
Thanks Chad and Julie for letting us borrow your little lady! She's welcome back anytime!!
3 comments:
I love the post! We always have a great time with you guys! Thanks for helping Mabry learn to say water! I like that so much better.
what a fun time!! :)
Oh I loved all the pictures of Mabry and the cousins, seriously, they all look very similar given they are genetically half siblings!:) I'm glad Mabry was on her best behavior for you guys, the Beasleys can wait to spoil her for sure in about a month..Julie will def have to have "detox" after that week!
Post a Comment